Thursday, March 28, 2013

Let's get Real here...

Okay so, time to get real.

Please do not get offended by this post. I am not focusing on anyone in particular. It's just something I have noticed in the past year & a half of blogging.

Do you ever get caught up in what others are doing? You feel like you have to join in in order to be "cool" or to get your blog noticed? The more followers the better? The more comments left on each post, the better?

Take a moment to look to your right..I have 2 followers. TWO. Does that bother me? Honestly, no it doesn't. But if I was so caught up in what other bloggers were doing and who has more followers and who has the coolest giveaway for the week, then yes. It would bother me. 
Those 2 followers I have, are amazing ladies, and their hearts for our Lord are a burning with fire for Him. 

You see, for me, it is quality. Not quantity.

And please don't take me or this the wrong way..I am honestly not hating. I am just wanting to share my thoughts. For me, blogging is a way to express myself. To open up my heart to many people I do not know. Maybe it's because we are in front of a screen and not actually seeing these people daily. Or maybe it's just the fact that friendships are made in the blogging world. Friendships that wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the blog. Whatever the reasoning may be, I am thankful for it. God has called me to be me. Not anyone else. To compare myself (yourself) to anyone else is kind of like a slap. We were each made individually with ways that others don't have. Yes, we are human and comparing is always something that will be there...thank you society today. But seriously, it would be so boring if we were all the same. Readers go to different blogs because each one is different. 

So for me to try & put on a show for you guys would be a lie. Because that's not me. I am a messy, unorganized, blonde girl who never has her brain with her when she needs it. I am not made of money, but I do work for my money. My hair is not always camera ready and after 3 years of braces in high school I STILL don't   have pretty teeth. Heck I have a few fake ones. I mean I'm getting real here...so why not share. I've been in college for 5 years and I am just now figuring out what direction to take for my future career. 

What I'm saying is BE YOU. Don't let the pressures of the world beat you down. Whether you are a size 1 or a size 14. Whether you spent a lot of money on a design or you made your design. Don't let anyone make you feel like you are not good enough. Feel confident. Be YOU. And if someone posts that picture of an apple on Instagram and has 65 likes in about 10 minutes...SO WHAT. I mean really...it's a freakin apple. Let's get real people. No one cares about your apple or how many "likes" you get. I mean really.

Let your blog be a reflection of who you are. You don't have to have the best camera or the coolest hair video.  SO with all of this being said....

Let YOUR creativity explode on your blog. 

2 comments:

  1. Love this. THANK YOU for sharing :) This week I have seen a handful of posts like this and I LOVE it! For a while I would stress about if my posts were interesting ebough, etc...then I got pregnant and the ONLY thing I wrote about was my pregnancy and I remembered tht I started my blog for me! and MY experiences. and now I totally don't stress anymore! If people read my blog, fine! If not, I'm probably the only one that will ever go back and read my posts, and I will be so glad I have them and that I wrote for me :)

    Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Stopping by from Amanda's blog at "My Love for Lyla" :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts & opinions!

© Running and Dreaming Powered by